Monday, March 2, 2009

Technology

When I was in high school, I had one teacher who had a Smart Board in the classroom. I watched her use it, but I never had the opportunity to use it. Students were not allowed to present on the Smart Board. Last semester, in Dr. Foxworth's class, we learned about Promethean boards. We actually did a tutorial on the computer in which we received a certificate of completion. A woman came to class and taught us the proper way to use Promethean Boards and some of the things we could do on it. I have never used one of these boards, so I would not know where to start. I'm excited that someone is coming to show us a demonstration on how to use the smart board. I hope to have these types of technology available when I begin teaching. I think it will be a great way to involve students in the lesson, by letting them also use the boards. The teacher I observe uses the smart board in her room for grammar lessons. Each student in the classroom is allowed to use the smart board this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment